Stepping Up Mental Health Care
A new model of mental health care linking you with the level of support that you need!
Steps Mental Health focuses on you and uses a ‘wrap-around’ approach to meet your mental, social and physical health needs.
One of the main features of Steps Mental Health is that it is flexible – we know the level of support you need will change over time and when that happens, we change with you.
A good way to think about this is ‘stepping up’ or ‘stepping down’ as your needs change. When you ‘step up’ or ‘step down’ we can
stay with you for the journey, you won’t have to change services and feel like you are starting again.
Steps Mental Health offers the following range of services in one program:
• Mental Health Nursing: Mental Health Nurses are nurses specifically trained to help support people’s mental health while considering other physical, social and cultural needs
• Psychology: Registered psychologists who provide therapy, support, advice and treatment
• Mental Health Social Work: Social workers with specialist training in mental health
• Peer Support: Peer support workers are staff members with a ‘lived experience’ of mental health and recovery
• Care Coordination and Case Management: Care coordinators and case managers help coordinate a person’s care by liaising with
all professionals involved
• Group Programs: Group-based treatment and support programs
• e-Health/online support: Online digital supports available 24/7
These services are available free of charge to people who live or work in the City of Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse or Monash, and are unable to access or afford similar services elsewhere.
You don’t need a GP referral to use these services, but it’s helpful to have your GP involved in your care. Friends, family members, and other healthcare professionals can also refer. Call 1800 378 377 for more information.
Steps Mental Health is provided by Link Health and Community along with our Connect4Health partners, Access Health and Community and Carrington Health. The partnering community health organisations have a range of different services designed to meet your needs at every stage.
We will talk about your needs and link you in with the right services.