Children’s audiology provides services to children from nine months to 17 years.
The Audiologist can provide comprehensive hearing assessments and advice regarding management of any hearing loss.
If a hearing loss is detected, it’s important to identify and manage as soon as possible. This leads to better outcomes for a child’s speech and language development, communication, behaviour, learning and overall development.
For older children, possible signs of a hearing problem include:
- Inattentiveness or poor concentration
- A change in their progress at school
- A history of ear infections
- Difficulty pinpointing where a sound is coming from
- Not responding when their name is called
- Talking loudly and listening to the television at a high volume
- Mispronouncing words
Wednesdays and Thursdays
- No referral or health care card is required to see the Audiologist.
Individual appointments for children and young people
|Pension/ Health Care Card holder||$15|