Independence Matters is a four-week educational program that our Occupational Therapists run.
In this group program, we will teach you tips and tricks that help you live safely and independently – in your home and when out and about in your community.
- Week One: we will focus on equipment you can use to increase your safety in the bathroom.
- Week Two: we will be in the kitchen cooking, and teaching you how to reduce your risk of falls in the kitchen.
- Week Three: we will educate you on electric scooters, driving, and accessing the community.
- Week Four: we will talk about memory and mental health, and spend some time teaching you how to use an iPad or smart phone.
At the end of the program, you will be filled with knowledge and resources that help you:
- live your best quality life in your home
- continue to access the things you love most in your community.
This activity is supported by funding from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments under Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).
Join Independence Matters at:
Mackie Road Neighbourhood House
36-42 Mackie Road, Mulgrave
10:30am-12:00pm for four weeks at the start of each school term
Independence Matters costs $10 each week.